In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1arveja feminineguisante masculine Spainchícharo masculine Central America Mexico
- Try green vegetables such as peas or green beans next.
- Intensely colored produce like carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, blueberries, dried plums and green peas are especially healthy.
- Crops of good home-grown vegetables - fresh green peas, broad beans and courgettes - are plentiful at this time of year.
- I ventured over to the tray and lifted the lids, uncovering grilled chicken, green peas, sweet corn, cinnamon bread, a red apple, and a red jelly donut.
- Eggplant, peppers, green beans, and peas are the primary vegetables cooked with olive oil, which is also used as a main ingredient in salads.
- These are great with roast or mashed potatoes, roast pumpkin or parsnips, boiled Brussel sprouts, broccoli or buttered green peas.
- Already there are gooseberries and green peas.
- Stir in peas and green onions, cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Try creating structures using toothpicks and connecting them together with green peas.
- Manda pushed the green peas to one side of the plate with her fork.
- Other remedies for this malady include green peas or sauerkraut juice.
- Each cooperative will produce and deliver greens, peas and sweet potatoes to schools in its own region.
- Now add the peas and green chilli and stir until the mixture is completely dry.
- My wife doesn't like broccoli or green peas - which just so happen to be two of my favorite things.
- With their skillful hands they even made the asparagus and peas taste good.
- The vegetables were new potatoes and fresh green peas.
- The accompaniments were typically mashed potatoes and gravy with peas or green beans.
- Other good sources are asparagus, oats, whole wheat and fresh green peas.
- The peas were bright green and there were plenty of them.
- You can vary the recipe a bit by substituting green peas for the potatoes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.