In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dividendo de (la) paz masculine
- The potential peace dividend is tremendous in every conceivable way.
- But that needs to be weighed against the certain peace dividend.
- Yes, it was a huge peace dividend because of the end of the Cold War.
- The end of the Cold War brought about a peace dividend in the form of reduced budgets and manpower.
- We were told ordinary people would receive a peace dividend.
- The working class in these poor areas have not seen the benefit of the peace dividend.
- It was believed the end of the Cold War would allow for a peace dividend, freeing up dollars by reducing military spending.
- The peace dividend, which benefited the economy after the Cold War ended, has now gone.
- Beyond this, the end of the cold war would bring a peace dividend both financial and political.
- That's our focus, but if there's a peace dividend I hope we're part of it.
- In Israel, as in other places, hope arose for a peace dividend.
- That's equivalent to four pence on income tax - wait till you see the peace dividend from ending this war.
- This need for global reach is a dimension of national security where the peace dividend that many sought with the end of the Cold War has proved elusive.
- It took a peace dividend after the Berlin Wall came down, along with most other countries, including the US and Australia.
- ‘What is called the peace dividend must be quickly visible,’ he said.
- These cuts will not provide a huge peace dividend immediately because it takes time to make the transition, as you know.
- I think we let our defenses down a bit after the Cold War and wanted to enjoy the peace dividend.
- After all, they had felt the worst of the Cold War, therefore they deserved to have the best of a peace dividend.
- If people can't even move within the city and accept work where they wish, where is the peace dividend?
- A peace dividend for Northern Ireland has to be a balanced package.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.