In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1negociaciones por la paz feminineconversaciones por la paz feminine
- Your argument to justify your opposition to the peace talks is puerile.
- The plans for an interim government will be high on the agenda of the upcoming peace talks.
- She declared the ceasefire to be illegal and cooperated with the military to undermine the peace talks.
- Reopening the bus service is the latest in a series of steps aimed at laying the groundwork for formal peace talks.
- The warring factions resume peace talks at the United Nations today.
- It is supposed to be very like the one our princess was wearing when she was abducted at the peace talk.
- Can we say that the major powers intervened to arrange these peace talks?
- These political conditions form the context for the peace talks and negotiations to seek a settlement to the war.
- The US may be tempted to try and impose a new round of peace talks on the region.
- Sudan may well agree to stop this military expansion after further peace talks this month.
- Moreover, even though peace talks are in progress, the government is still building up its military.
- Isn't calling off peace talks because of a bombing just giving them what they want?
- More than a dozen separate peace talks have failed to restore order and a central government.
- On Monday, the rebels issued five demands to the government to be met for resumption of the peace talks.
- As the peace talks progressed, they have conceded to settle for regional autonomy.
- His new government will not resume peace talks until the violence comes under control.
- They said peace talks with the rebels can best be held by a government appointed by the parliament, not by the king.
- The rebels held two rounds of peace talks with the previous government.
- The government has had two rounds of peace talks with the rebels, but a third round is unlikely soon.
- Rebels walked out of peace talks and withdrew from a seven-month ceasefire last August.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.