1(serenely, quietly)(sleep) plácidamentehe died peacefully — murió sin sufrir
- she sat peacefully reading in the garden — estaba leyendo tranquilamente sentada en el jardín
- The tiny twin baby girls sleeping peacefully side by side are little miracles.
- I used to go to the studio in the morning and come back at night and sleep peacefully.
- For the first time since her mother's death, Erin felt peacefully calm and content.
- In her arms was a newborn baby girl, peacefully sleeping, wrapped in a light pink towel.
- Unlike Chinese people who wait for death peacefully, Westerners will fight it to their last breath.
- As she entered the living room, she saw him, for the first time in many months, sleeping peacefully on the floor.
- The villagers slept peacefully, never imagining the fate that was to be.
- She slept so silently and peacefully he almost regretted being there.
- With little disturbance, she is spending her time peacefully.
- I sat straight up in bed, and saw Dustin sleeping peacefully next to me.
- She immediately looked over at Caleb who was still sleeping peacefully.
- The girl seeks protection from a nurse or grandmother while the baby sleeps peacefully in its mother's arms.
- She had been playing peacefully in her room, oblivious to the violence that had occurred only a few rooms over.
- There is a photograph of a pretty young woman, obviously pregnant, sleeping peacefully on a hospital bed.
- Jess was still peacefully sleeping on the back seats.
- For at least 40,000 years, they gathered shellfish and peacefully slept under the stars.
- The duke walked over to the cradle and looked down to see his daughter sleeping peacefully.
- Late that night we pulled into a cheap motel, cashed an unemployment check, and fell peacefully to sleep.
- How do we talk peacefully with people with whom we might violently disagree?
- I was sleeping peacefully for once in my 18 years of life, a shock to me still.
2(without violence, aggression)(protest/picket) pacíficamente(protest/picket) de forma no violenta
- A police siege of his house ended peacefully with his surrender to authorities.
- Officers had previously believed that negotiations were proving effective, raising hopes the siege could be resolved peacefully.
- That role may diminish or even disappear if change is not forthcoming - and it may do so violently rather than peacefully.
- It is tyrannical because, while it asserts a global monopoly of violence, we cannot peacefully remove and replace it.
- The siege ended peacefully five days later when riot police moved in.