In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1peacekeeping forces — fuerzas de paz feminine
- peacekeeping operation — operación para el mantenimiento de la paz
- After all, a South African peacekeeping force will provide them with necessary security requirements.
- West African leaders agreed to send their peacekeeping troops to Liberia by next week.
- The defence ministers discussed ways of reducing the peacekeeping contingent from its current 60,000 troops.
- Yorkshire troops have already played their part in both combat and peacekeeping duties.
- Some Royal Nepal Army personnel have served in United Nations peacekeeping forces.
- Since 1948 there have been 49 UN peacekeeping operations, the majority since 1988.
- More than 250 soldiers from Senegal will join the West African peacekeeping force in Liberia.
- Traditionally, the largest military contributor to any UN peacekeeping operation has maintained command.
- All other nations' armed forces involved in Asia are deployed in peacekeeping missions.
- Some commentators have recommended that the Army establish constabulary units focused exclusively on peacekeeping duties.
- Deaths that occurred overseas while personnel were on peacekeeping duties were also included.
- He further stressed that India would also receive funding to enhance its peacekeeping training facilities.
- Inevitably, peacekeeping training remains a minor component of training in general.
- They have also been part of the United Nations peacekeeping forces in Cyprus and, more recently, Bosnia.
- Twenty thousand American marines are stationed in East Africa as part of a United Nations peacekeeping force.
- They advocated more peacekeeping training, the deployment of more combat support units and more military police.
- Do you specifically want the United Nations to have some sort of peacekeeping role there?
- Get international peacekeeping troops in as quickly as possible.
- His attempt to take power by force was forestalled by a West African peacekeeping force financed largely by Nigeria.
- In the future, however, we should do more to support the peacekeeping effort.
1mantenimiento de la paz masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.