In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conciliador masculineconciliadora feminine
- I said blessed are the peacemakers, not the warmongers!
- Well, on a personal level, how does he behave behind closed doors as a mediator, as a peacemaker of sorts?
- There are those who would say that Christianity really requires us to be peacemakers and to be Pacifists.
- Before we exclude amnesty from the tools available to peacemakers, we need to conduct more research into the conditions of its successes and failures.
- He has been a great peacemaker, particularly in negotiations with the players association.
- ‘It is fitting that Dublin city should bestow its greatest honour on one of the greatest peacemakers of our time,’ he said.
- The series also includes discussions with peacekeepers and peacemakers about some of the challenges that arise from religiously driven violence.
- European peacemakers also helped shape this growing culture of peace.
- So older people need peacemakers much more than younger people.
- In recent years, groups of children have taken on the roles of peacemakers in bringing forward personal causes for peace.
- Winchester peacemakers are offering mediation to soothe relations between neighbours.
- They say that they're the peacemakers, we're the warmongers.
- It's a conceptual tool for trying to evaluate enormously complex situations in the midst of a gospel that is, so to speak, biased toward blessing peacemakers.
- Now that both teams have lost their peacemakers, things may heat up between the remaining contestants.
- The organisation sets up prayer groups worldwide to support its workers in the field and aims to have 100,000 peacemakers ready to be deployed around the world.
- There were also a few players from both teams who went into the crowd trying to act as peacemakers and restore order.
- Shadowy intermediaries and peacemakers were active in both lands.
- People in this country have often been peacemakers.
- It's a trying week for diplomacy, but blessed are the peacemakers for they shall find creative ways of conflict resolution.
- Enter no arguments, not even as a peacemaker, referee or umpire.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.