In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(fruit)durazno masculinemelocotón masculine Spainbefore noun a peaches and cream complexion — un cutis de seda
- As we can clearly see, one is a white peach, the other yellow.
- They are based on many different kinds of summer fruit, particularly stone fruits such as peaches and plums; and pears, apples, and quinces.
- In a small bowl, combine peaches, olive oil and basil and toss to coat.
- Here, fresh peaches pair well with juicy raspberries and crunchy almonds for a ‘peach Melba’ flavor.
- Remove the skin from the peach (immerse the peach in boiling water for a minute, then it will come off easily).
- Spoon them over vanilla ice cream, stir them into yogurt, and toss them with nectarines or peaches for a summer cobbler.
- To skin the peaches, dunk them in simmering water for 10 seconds, remove and peel under cold running water.
- Made from apples, grapes, peaches, pears, pineapples, berries or other fruit, these sweeteners have the consistency of thick syrup and an intense flavor.
- Juicy peaches are a delicious highlight in August.
- The peaches were riper and juicier than any she had eaten, and the blueberry muffins were so light and fluffy that each bite dissolved in her mouth instantly.
- These include peaches, strawberries, oranges, figs, plums, pineapples, and passionfruit.
- This did not last for long, for they came upon an orchard full of apples, pears, peaches, lemons, limes, and oranges.
- The final touch to a meal is a tray of fresh fruits, including peaches, apples, pears, raisins, figs, oranges, and melons.
- Combine peaches, bay leaves, sugar, thyme, sake and corn kernels and mix well; marinate for two hours.
- She eyed the mounds of apples, bananas, peaches, and pineapples before delicately selecting one perfectly round peach.
- Popular fillings include stone fruits, like peaches and plums.
- You could also you another seasonal fruit, like peaches, raspberries, kiwifruit and so on.
- Other fruits such as apples, grapes, peaches and pineapples also make great energizing snacks.
- Figs, plums, pears, apples, peaches and other fruits were grown there.
- He was surprised in her choice of fruit, both a peach and a tomato.
render_form_group(subsense).blank? span.form-groups = render_form_group(subsense)duraznero masculinemelocotonero masculine Spain
1.3(color)color durazno masculinecolor melocotón masculine Spain(dress/sweater) color durazno(sweater/dress) color melocotón Spain
- His skin was a pale peach shining with a black aura as he walked over to her.
- The balconies are marked by whorls of blue railings, the walls peach and powder blue.
- He gave us crisp, angular patterns and subtle, unexpected colour combinations, such as blue, black and peach, or soft red, yellow and grey.
- The rainbow of colour includes: white for wisdom, cream for success, peach for health, purple for wealth, black for love.
- His skin was a light peach and she could now tell he was almost 6 foot.
- His eyes were chocolate instead of blue and his complexion was more tan than peach.
- The key colours are bright coral, various shades of purple, peach and green.
- His luminous palette of beiges, peach, light browns, blues and greens approximates the hues of ice creams.
- Manufacturers across the country are introducing lines featuring pastel hues ranging from white to peach, some of which are coated with a frosty finish.
- His skin was a light peach and he was dressed in almost blinding white robes.
- He had a high brow, and he wore a robe of browns, peaches, tans, yellows, reds, and more.
- Glass cases are adorned with satin ribbons of various colours ranging from baby pink, peach and lavender.
- Obviously the designers are requesting everyone to be more optimistic through their various pastel colors: powder pink, light purple, peach and soft blue.
- The blend of colours like peach, red and pink makes them look almost real at a first glance.
- She got the same shades as I did last year, a browny colour and peach.
- Use cheek creams in peach, pink and berry colours to give yourself a healthy flush.
- Just to make things a bit more difficult, salmon doesn't necessarily work with the same colors that peach or apricot do.
- From cream to beige to peach and lemon yellow, the range comes in several colours apart from the new shade mint.
- The colour is pure pale pink, with a hint of peach on the outside of the buds, and the scent is warm and strong.
2dated, informal(sb, sth pleasing)she's a peach of a girl! — es un encanto
- a peach of a goal — un gol de antología
- It was a peach of a goal and no more than Down deserved.
- It was a peach of a strike and his celebration wasn't bad, either.
- However, they stuck to their task and broke through with a peach of a try.
- Minutes later he made it 2-0 with a peach of a volley into the top corner of the net.
- Giggs left Taylor flat-footed with a peach of a free kick after 61 minutes.
- Three minutes later Hearts were nearly two up following a peach of a move.
- It would be a peach of a punchline if I could tell you that it is pouring with rain in ‘Royal Berkshire’, but it's a sunny, peaceful, kinda day.
- He calls it ‘a peach of a book’.
- And when given the whole 90 minutes against the Germans, he scored one - a peach of a free-kick - and set up the other for Baros.
- And on the phone to me last week, with the appropriate noises of a frisky daughter in the background, Jack gave me a peach of a Father's Day line.
- This is a peach of a site that deserves the application of real genius, not dull commercialism.
- I normally don't believe in posting questions for a friend (get an account!) but this one's a peach of a dilemma.
- He added the extras, and then produced a peach of a drop goal to make it 18-10.
- Firstly, Parks hit a peach of a penalty from 40 yards out that bisected the posts with geometric precision.
- He hits a peach of a winning point which bisects the posts.
- Dempsey floated a peach of a left-footed kick between the posts from 45 metres after ten minutes to put his side a goal up.
- But for his sheer industry, his perseverance and a peach of a goal - at a crucial time - Garrymore's star corner-forward gets the nod.
- Steven McDonnell kicked a peach of a point for the first score of the second-half.
- Hampton went ahead in the 58th minute with a peach of a goal.
- On ten minutes Hibs got back into the game with a peach of a goal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.