In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cooking Farmingmaní masculinecacahuete masculine Spaincacahuate masculine Mexico
- The fresh peanuts are boiled in salt water and eaten warm.
- To look after them properly, as instructed by the experts, I have to feed them hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and unsalted peanuts.
- Milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, soy, wheat, peanuts, and tree nuts cause most reactions.
- That's just 22 almonds, three tablespoons of cashews, 28 peanuts, 47 pistachios, or 14 walnut halves.
- You can add peanuts or any other nuts if you like.
- The most common foods people are allergic to include: peanuts; walnuts; pecans or almonds; and wheat and gluten.
- Sauces may contain okra, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, eggplant, peppers, and other vegetables.
- Birds that are fed diets with large proportions of sunflower seeds, peanuts and walnuts are often prone to obesity.
- Yucca, plantain, peanuts, sweet potatoes, and sugarcane are grown, as well as medicinal herbs.
- Children pace up and down the platform selling roasted peanuts, fried snacks, and baskets of sweet bananas.
- How she loved to crunch them; dry roasted peanuts, macadamias, cashews, pistachios, walnuts and Brazils.
- There were almonds, peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts.
- Good food sources include broccoli, peanuts, pumpkin seeds and spinach.
- He encouraged farmers to try new crops, like peanuts, cowpeas and sweet potatoes, and to try new rotations, better cultural practices and more appropriate machinery.
- The fields I had once planted with potato and peanuts now were home to groves of cherry trees a foot in diameter.
- Sprinkle with dry-roasted peanuts to add protein and fiber.
- They grow several staple crops, including manioc root, sweet potatoes, sugar cane, peanuts, and plantains.
- All these foods had peanuts or peanut oil hidden inside.
- Drizzle with sesame oil, and scatter with shredded ginger, spring onions, salted peanuts and coriander.
- In western countries they are most familiar as roasted or salted peanuts, or in peanut butter or incorporated in confectionery.
- This resulted in an oversupply of peanuts, soybeans, pecans, and sweet potatoes.
- They are also found in nuts like peanuts, walnuts, cashews as well as in seeds and fish.
- Garnish the plate with the almond tofu and crushed honey roasted peanuts.
- Rich in essential fatty acids and protein, it also contains organic dry roasted Valencia peanuts and sea salt.
- In an intensely managed, year-round vegetable garden, plant peanuts after winter greens such as turnips or kale.
informal(small sum)una miseria informalwe work for peanuts — nos pagan una miseria informal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.