In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cooking Farmingmaní masculinecacahuete masculine Spaincacahuate masculine Mexico
- They grow several staple crops, including manioc root, sweet potatoes, sugar cane, peanuts, and plantains.
- Garnish the plate with the almond tofu and crushed honey roasted peanuts.
- That's just 22 almonds, three tablespoons of cashews, 28 peanuts, 47 pistachios, or 14 walnut halves.
- In an intensely managed, year-round vegetable garden, plant peanuts after winter greens such as turnips or kale.
- The fresh peanuts are boiled in salt water and eaten warm.
- There were almonds, peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts.
- All these foods had peanuts or peanut oil hidden inside.
- Children pace up and down the platform selling roasted peanuts, fried snacks, and baskets of sweet bananas.
- Rich in essential fatty acids and protein, it also contains organic dry roasted Valencia peanuts and sea salt.
- Sauces may contain okra, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, eggplant, peppers, and other vegetables.
- This resulted in an oversupply of peanuts, soybeans, pecans, and sweet potatoes.
- In western countries they are most familiar as roasted or salted peanuts, or in peanut butter or incorporated in confectionery.
- The fields I had once planted with potato and peanuts now were home to groves of cherry trees a foot in diameter.
- He encouraged farmers to try new crops, like peanuts, cowpeas and sweet potatoes, and to try new rotations, better cultural practices and more appropriate machinery.
- Good food sources include broccoli, peanuts, pumpkin seeds and spinach.
- They are also found in nuts like peanuts, walnuts, cashews as well as in seeds and fish.
- How she loved to crunch them; dry roasted peanuts, macadamias, cashews, pistachios, walnuts and Brazils.
- Birds that are fed diets with large proportions of sunflower seeds, peanuts and walnuts are often prone to obesity.
- To look after them properly, as instructed by the experts, I have to feed them hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and unsalted peanuts.
- You can add peanuts or any other nuts if you like.
- Yucca, plantain, peanuts, sweet potatoes, and sugarcane are grown, as well as medicinal herbs.
- Milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, soy, wheat, peanuts, and tree nuts cause most reactions.
- The most common foods people are allergic to include: peanuts; walnuts; pecans or almonds; and wheat and gluten.
- Sprinkle with dry-roasted peanuts to add protein and fiber.
- Drizzle with sesame oil, and scatter with shredded ginger, spring onions, salted peanuts and coriander.
2informal(small sum)una miseria informalwe work for peanuts — nos pagan una miseria
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.