In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Fruits like apples, pears and grapes are good sources of boron, as are green leafy vegetables and whole grains.
- Serve one or two chops per person, with the roasted apples, pears and onions.
- All his prized orchard fruits - apples, pears, cherries and peaches - were introduced from abroad.
- Truthfully, I chose this because of the sides: sweet potatoes and pears.
- Peel the pears and tug out their stalks, then halve the fruit and scoop out the cores with a teaspoon.
- Like other fresh fruits, pears offer quite broad benefits for the body.
- Choose cheese or low-sugar fruits like pears and apples as dessert.
- So far I have puréed and served apple, pear, sweet potato and avocado.
- If you have any money left over, get your fruits, some apples, dates or pears would go well.
- Citrus and stone fruits, pears, figs, and pineapple all respond to preservation by this method.
- Today's crumble features bananas and pears, and a topping starring toasted pecans and bran flakes.
- My other favourite foods include avocado pear, bananas, pears, oranges, grapes and walnuts, when they are in season.
- The fruit from the prickly pear - a cross between kiwi fruit and a ripe pear - is wonderful.
- Good sources of soluble fiber include oats, citrus fruits, pears, apples, berries, and apricots.
- As we tuck into a colourful platter of fresh pineapple, watermelon, kiwi fruit, pears and bananas on the veranda, she cooks up sausages, bacon and pancakes.
- South Africa supplies most of its deciduous fruit (apples, pears, plums and peaches) to Europe.
- Sweet juicy fruits such as pears, grapes, watermelon and mangoes both nourish and cleanse.
- Fruits such as pears and berries are also high in fiber.
- It also has been detected in other fruits such as pears, apricots, peaches and grapes.
- Their sweet, candied taste adds elegance to tropical fruits, poached pears, and chocolate.
2also pear treeperal masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.