In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cebada perlada feminine
- By the main course we are struggling, but I am determined to conquer my grilled loin of lamb with pearl barley and mushroom risotto.
- It reminded me of a story I heard about someone in a supermarket who asked an assistant where she could find pearl barley.
- Simmer the pearl barley in a litre of water for about 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Some are delightfully delicate: seared salmon with pearl barley and a soy and chilli dip.
- I spoke to Daisy today as I could not find the pearl barley.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.