In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pescador de perlas masculine
- A champion Greek pearl diver might possibly be able to work with that, but not I
- One such edict imposed the death penalty on anyone forcing a free Indian to become a pearl diver.
- Kino is a young pearl diver who feels his obligation to his family very strongly.
- Once the supply of pearls available through trade was exhausted, the Spanish began organizing pearl-harvesting ventures involving the use of slaves as pearl divers.
- In this fishy world, the pearl diver emerges as a strange kind of hero.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.