1Farmingcampesino masculinecampesina feminine(population) (before noun) campesino(population) (before noun) ruralthe Peasants' Revolt — la revuelta del campesinado
- a peasant farmer — un pequeño agricultor
- of peasant stock — de origen campesino
- peasant woman — campesina
- He has directed policies that have resulted in the driving of millions of poor peasants from their land.
- Some poorer peasants sold their land as soon as their ownership was confirmed, and then went to the towns in search of work.
- Labour tenants, intent on salvaging some of their status as peasants, were often reluctant workers.
- The victims were from a group of poor peasants who had occupied a 49-acre plot of land.
- The black majority were reduced to impoverished peasants and landless labourers.
- It was no longer divided between the small élite of landowners and a mass of peasants and the poor.
- The peasants have become poorer and the working class has been exploited to the point where the worker is almost a slave.
- The peasants and poor suffered an unbearable reduction in their standard of living during the war.
- Noble, bourgeois, and peasant alike associated status with exemption from public demands.
- As a result, poor peasants might find themselves paying their dues to a wealthy peasant, and never see the lord at all.
- It was also true that the country was still poor and that the life of a peasant was hard.
- A tan face signifies the status of a lowly peasant who has worked in the fields all her life.
- Poor peasants can be easily persuaded to plant the crop - either by fists full of dollars or guns to the temple.
- The chickpea was certainly used by the Romans, but regarded as a food for peasants and poor people.
- When the workers, urban poor and peasants want things from such a bourgeoisie they have to fight for them.
- They set out the next day and at evening approached a small hut from which a poor peasant emerged.
- They were short of land, monopolized as it was by capitalist farmers and aged peasants.
- In the countryside peasants began organising to seize land and to withhold rent.
- You know a lot of farmers and peasants cannot use a sword, but most of them are familiar with crossbows.
- Lula has also raised calls for radical land reform to assist peasants and the rural poor.
2derogatory(uncultured person)ordinario masculineordinaria femininepalurdo masculinepalurda feminine