In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(nut)pacana femininenuez feminine Mexico
- There were almonds, peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts.
- This resulted in an oversupply of peanuts, soybeans, pecans, and sweet potatoes.
- Unroasted nuts such as almonds, cashews, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts make an ideal snack food for would-be slimmers keen to get cracking.
- Half of those allergic to peanuts are also allergic to tree nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, and often sunflower and sesame seeds.
- The most common foods people are allergic to include: peanuts; walnuts; pecans or almonds; and wheat and gluten.
- Tree nuts include walnuts, pecans, almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, pine nuts, pistachios, and more.
- Garnish with the toasted, chopped pecans or walnuts for crunch.
- You could also use hazelnuts, Brazils, cashews and pecans.
- Roasted pecans, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds are a nice addition.
- Nuts especially high in vitamin E include almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, and pecans.
- Today's crumble features bananas and pears, and a topping starring toasted pecans and bran flakes.
- Yes, this recipe is better known as a pecan pie with walnuts instead of pecans.
- Stir in apples, pecans, parsley, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
- Squeak has buried untold pounds of walnuts, pecans, and peanuts in my yard.
- Many nuts are rich in it, including walnuts and pecans, as are cooking oils such as corn and sesame oil.
- Switch almonds with Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds.
- Scatter the pecans and dried cranberries in the tart base.
- Hazelnuts, both in the dough and praline, can be substituted with other nuts such as almonds, walnuts or pecans.
- Other common ingredients are crushed pecans and almonds.
- My pecan trees produced large, filled-out pecans last year, but about half of the crop was damaged with dark spots on the meat.
2(tree)pacana femininepacán masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.