In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The venue was packed with babes in bikinis and muscle men flashing their pecs.
- He felt this offered constant tension on the pectorals, especially the outer pecs.
- His tiny waist was the centerpiece of a torso that sprouted massive arms and pecs, and his leg development was ahead of its time.
- My upper pecs do not stand out like my lower pecs, and I need to find a way to fill in the middle of my chest.
- As soon as I feel my pecs stretch, there's no point in going any further.
- Who in the heavens could match his pecs, his flawless jawline, his crystalline gaze?
- If you pull at a higher level, you'll activate your anterior deltoids rather than isolate your pecs.
- His biceps and pecs were obviously well built, you know, unlike those scary bodybuilder types.
- I want to thicken my back and improve the sweep of my quads and upper pecs, and I'll work on my triceps, too.
- Although it may not be the principal motivator, according to a recent survey, women look at men's pecs second only to their bum.
- The bench not only involves your pecs, but also your delts, your triceps, and even your lats.
- One look at his bronze skin, sweet pecs, and alarmingly curvaceous legs, and the ladies are in hormone heaven.
- You expected him to lock his hands together, flex his pecs, and growl.
- The great thing about working the pecs is that the shoulders and triceps get a workout, too!
- Press back up to full arm extension by concentrating on squeezing your pecs.
- Minutes earlier, the room was writhing with flexing quads and pumping pecs.
- At that time, the fixed bar will remove the stress on the stabilizing muscles and allow you to better target your pecs.
- Contract your pecs to raise the weights up and along the same path.
- Standing at six feet tall, with a broad chest, nice pecs, he maintains his body in perfect shape.
- Developing the outer pecs to their max adds width and density to the whole pectoral region.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.