In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cochecito de pedales masculine
- Any copper worth his salt can prove anybody's committed a traffic offence - even a 3 year old in a pedal car.
- We had a big paper zebra crossing (actually a roll of wallpaper painted black and white) and pedal cars to use as traffic.
- There were also pedal cars and enough floorspace to drive them around.
- He wanted to take his pedal car and I helped him take it down the steps on the walk to the path near the pool.
- There are even two children's cars - a bright racing red pedal car hangs from a shelf, while a faded blue car - complete with engine - sits waiting for repair on a table.
- My mother claims that Richard and I met by crashing our pedal cars together, but I don't remember it.
- The Magnetic Poetry magnate has become an informal adviser, and the guy who reintroduced pedal cars is hoping to invest.
- He has been keen on motorsport since getting his first pedal car at the age of four - once he found out they went quicker with engines there was no looking back!
- Children from Little Elliott's Day Nursery, Elliott Road, Bromley, got on their bikes, trikes or into their pedal cars for the sponsored event.
- Neil remembers that when he was about two or three years old his father made him a wooden pedal car, which he really enjoyed.
- Victorian dolls' houses, pedal cars and even our special mahogany rocking horses for £3,500 have been selling very well.
- This week sees the introduction of new TV-inspired pedal cars for kids.
- The pedal car, which has recently been exhibited at classic car shows, is in fully restored condition, complete with its dummy engine and working headlights.
- I started driving fast when I was 2 years old with a pedal car.
- As summer arrived, so did the big wooden crates bringing wonderful dolls, mechanical toys, pedal cars, tricycles, scooters, dolls' prams.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.