In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Scouts respond that their purpose is to serve boys, not scoutmasters - and that purpose requires them to protect young boys from any pederasts who predictably might be drawn to them.
- Yes, there are pederasts in every country - but it takes a society to make so many.
- In later years he was convicted of being a pederast, wasn't he?
- It is typically used to refer to a man who seeks out young boys for sexual pleasure, i.e. a pederast.
- But before he can confront that fact, he must first unravel a labyrinthine mystery that leads to a ring of high-powered gay pederasts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.