In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paso de peatones masculine
- This is a dangerous stretch of road, with the pedestrian crossing located very close to a busy junction.
- The wheelchair users and carers have been calling for a pedestrian crossing so they can cross the road and get into Tullow safely.
- That is one enormous puddle on the road by the pedestrian crossing.
- The car was impaled on the railings of a pedestrian crossing in Tadcaster Road near the roundabout.
- She claims children using the pedestrian crossing over the busy road are at risk from traffic.
- Residents were asked to suggest areas where there could be road calming measures or new pedestrian crossings.
- Longer buses are also far more likely to stop while blocking road junctions or pedestrian crossings, especially in heavy traffic.
- Two new pedestrian crossings and changes to road junctions have also been made conditions of the planning permission for the new Bondgate store.
- Draft plans for cycle paths, pedestrian crossings and traffic lights are out for consultation.
- A pedestrian crossing on the link road would allow people to cross in their own time and in safety.
- She also said there were no plans for a pedestrian crossing along the road.
- It only flashes on pedestrian crossings before it turns green.
- Plans show that this could be achieved by installing six traffic lights and two pedestrian crossings.
- If it is difficult to cross the road in Long Street, why not have a pedestrian crossing?
- These include more cycleways, footways, pedestrian crossings, junction improvements and traffic calming measures.
- The essential repairs will include moving the pedestrian crossing and associated road improvements.
- A concerned headteacher has added his voice to calls for a pedestrian crossing at a dangerous road junction.
- Even they will stop at red traffic lights and pedestrian crossings.
- Can elevated pedestrian crossings make roads safer?
- The subways will be replaced by street level pedestrian crossings on Ivy Lane and New Road.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.