In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zona peatonal feminine
- The 30 ft tree, which cost around £1, 500 and was funded by city centre traders, was left strewn across the pedestrian precinct.
- The road outside our store turns into a pedestrian precinct between the hours of 10 am - 4.30 pm.
- Some animal rights demonstrators were standing in a pedestrian precinct, outside a shop selling furs.
- The scheme will make up one of the largest pedestrian precincts in the city.
- Mr Jones said in other parts of the town it was clear businesses such as his benefited from passing trade, rather than a pedestrian precinct.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.