In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1to have a pedicure — arreglarse/hacerse arreglar los pies
- If you want to get into beauty treatments, have pedicures, because all your ills go to your feet.
- Choose from massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and body treatments.
- Regular pedicures can also help keep feet and toes in prime condition.
- Massage oils are also great for hands and feet if she gives herself manicures and pedicures.
- The bride-to-be and her friends get together at a spa to enjoy relaxing massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and other treatments.
- She offers aromatherapy massages to ease tension and back pain, and manicures, pedicures, arm and foot massages to improve joint mobility.
- The survey also documented attitudes about personal grooming, with 47 per cent of respondents having treated themselves to a manicure, pedicure or facial treatment every couple of months.
- Treat your feet to a pedicure at home once a week - and feel the difference!
- If your feet and toenails are really banged up, consider getting a pedicure.
- A pedicure is essential: wearing sandals without pretty feet or at least a lick of nail polish makes me cringe.
- I'm a little self-conscious about how my feet look and a nice pedicure certainly pretties them up.
- Tanya can do waxing or tinting, and can treat seniors to full body, shoulder and neck or foot massages as well as manicures, pedicures and makeovers for any occasion.
- Our main treatments for youngsters are manicures and pedicures but we also do mini facials and makeovers and special occasion make up for weddings.
- Nails are optional and if offered should be high-end nail services like a spa pedicure with foot mask, massage, exfoliation and footbath.
- On Saturdays, after I get a pedicure, I treat myself to pizza with mushrooms and pepperoni and a strawberry milkshake.
- Treat yourself to a foot massage and pedicure and pick up a pair of candy-colored flip-flops - with some bright pink polish to match!
- Just make sure you get a pretty pedicure to show off on the beach.
- The next morning, it's pedicures and manicures for the three of us.
- Well, you should have regular pedicures and use creams and powders on your feet to keep the skin supple and prevent infection and odour.
- A manicure and a pedicure later, both girls were lying in their sleeping bags having their traditional sleepover chat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.