In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Log your steps with a pedometer, available at sporting goods stores.
- Once home, I checked the distance recorded on my watch, via my pedometer (another new word in my life).
- The numbers refer to the count of steps my new pedometer registers every day.
- And keep track with a pedometer that counts your steps so you can set goals and monitor your progress.
- Also presented at the meeting was a study that used pedometers to count the steps of 79 students at Oklahoma State University.
- Often worn at the waist, the simplest pedometers measure only steps and distance, recording steps by sensing body motion.
- I aim to walk at least 10,000 steps daily and the pedometer keeps me focused on staying as active as possible in my daily activities.
- You don't need any expensive exercise bikes or rowing machines: the only key piece of equipment you need is a pedometer to record your daily step count.
- I tell women to get a pedometer and track their steps.
- In one study, 400 women ages 19-71 were encouraged to walk 10,000 steps each day for eight weeks and to wear a pedometer while doing so.
- All you need is a pedometer to count your steps, a pair of good walking shoes and enough space to get on the floor for your exercises.
- She monitors her own physical activity daily with a pedometer and averages 14,000 steps/day.
- And recently the program has ordered pedometers that record how many steps you take and how far you walk, the chief said.
- I mentioned purchasing my pedometer and working towards 10,000 steps a day.
- I'd be interested to get a pedometer and see how many steps I take in a day.
- Use a pedometer to accurately gauge how far you've walked throughout the day.
- Get each child over age 10 (as well as your spouse and yourself) a pedometer to count steps.
- In order to monitor it all, I have a spreadsheet to record the number of steps each day from my pedometer.
- Consider monitoring your exercise heart rate with a heart rate monitor or a pedometer to keep track of the number of steps in a given day.
- If you use a pedometer, aim for about 1,000 steps more per day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.