In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1grupo paritario masculine formalbefore noun peer-group pressure/influence — la presión/influencia que ejercen los compañeros
- There was a lot of pressure from clients and my peer group to buy stocks in this sector which I believed were overvalued and unsustainable.
- I was ahead enough in class anyway, so I was out of my peer group to begin with.
- The idea here is that the peer group establishes a normative expectation on young men's behavior.
- The major influence on the students in this research was the peer group.
- Status within the peer group is secured by having a desirable, alpha male boyfriend.
- My childhood was spent learning English and I devoured books - avoided my peer group in favour of reading.
- Teachers completed two measures of children's social status in the peer group.
- Gripes about leadership stay in your peer group; they aren't for public consumption.
- But within his peer group, there is no one more respected or better liked or appreciated.
- It's an honour to be voted by your peer group, but this is for the whole team not just me.
- Let your own gut instincts lead you in this, not pressure from a peer group.
- Maori children experiment with smoking to demonstrate and ensure their membership in the family and in their peer group.
- For the horsepower, it has some of the best performance of its peer group.
- The termination of a work contract severs links with friends, without gaining automatic acceptance by an alternative peer group.
- Often the peer group is important; always the general culture of the society.
- He would have been treated and the aim would have been to get him back into his peer group as quickly as possible.
- This type of play also facilitates children's integration into their peer group.
- Young girls are much more able to do this within their peer group.
- Moreover, teachers may not have full access to children's daily experiences in the peer group.
- If conformity is important to you, and your peer group does not drink, perhaps you will also not drink.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.