In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(con agujeros para insertar las fichas) tablero masculine
- Activities to help with these goals include Lego and other building sets, Playdough, puzzles, pegboards, beads and other table toys.
- Hang them on a pegboard so that you can see at a glance what you have.
- These screws were applied through the holes in the pegboard so as not to damage the board material.
- The pegboard should hold almost all your grooming tools.
- The entire thing sort of looked like a pegboard with pegs in it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.