In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Young papillae are covered with a pellicle - cuticle layer and contain starch grains.
- It should be noted that the inner shell wall of ammonoids was lined by an organic membrane or pellicle, a porous sheet consisting of numerous interwoven organic fibers.
- Proline-rich proteins' coat the teeth with a thin layer - pellicle - that serves as a protective diffusion barrier on the tooth surface.
- The semitransparent pellicle did not interfere with the participant's interceptive movement.
- However, in the dry type, the pellicle and cuticle remain intact in the functional phase, whereas they become discontinuous in the wet type.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.