In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She says that the relationship of the pelvis to the spine and the limbs is fundamental to most contemporary dance techniques.
- The remains include a complete tibia and shoulder blade, as well as parts of a femur, ribs, vertebrae, collarbone and pelvis, as well as an ankle bone.
- It also puts the pelvis and spine into the neutral position and decreases stress on structures such as the intervertebral discs and nerve roots along the spine.
- Laterally, anteriorly and posteriorly the pelvis is bony and significant support is provided through ligaments.
- In addition, the attachment between the pelvis and the vertebral column enlarged to provide additional strength in response to an increase in the amount of force generated by the hind limbs.
- It had already metastasized to his spinal column and his bony pelvis, femurs, skull, and tibia.
- The two pubic bones are the hub of a network of muscles, tendons and tissues at the base of the pelvis.
- The bullet lodged near his pelvis and cannot be safely removed.
- In the case of your son's groin strain, your osteopath would be checking your son's sacro-iliac joints, his lumbar spine and all the muscles that attach to his pelvis.
- Nevertheless, it is unusual among vertebrates for the pelvis to play an active role in inspiration.
- But they feel for the upper part of their pelvis, the bony part, and the lower part of the rib cage, and that's the space in which they're measuring.
- The research is based on a dinosaur pelvis that contains a single pair of shelled eggs inside the body cavity.
- While in radiology, a computed tomographic scan-guided needle biopsy of a tumor nodule in the bony pelvis was conducted.
- Key to skeletal balance, a sense of orientation and muscular coordination, the balanced pelvis forms a rim-like base for the spinal vertebrae, rib cage, shoulder girdle and head.
- Since the two iliac bones are bound strongly together at the centre front, the bony pelvis (sacrum and iliac bones) can only be tilted as a whole by movement at the hip joints and by bending the spine.
- He lived only ten weeks after his diagnosis, the disease having already metastasized to his spine and bony pelvis, femur, skull, and tibia.
- About a million people in the UK have the illness, which leads to accelerated bone growth, particularly in the skull, pelvis, spine, thighs and shins.
- This forms a joint with the pelvis (hip bone) on either side, called the sacroiliac joint.
- A computed tomographic scan showed several osteoblastic and osteolytic lesions in vertebral bodies and the pelvis, compatible with metastases.
- Maintain this relationship between your pelvis and spine throughout each exercise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.