In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1amigo por correspondencia masculineamiga por correspondencia feminineI have a pen pal in Japan — me escribo / me carteo con un chico/una chica de Japón
- But with the onset of puberty, having a pen pal was considered lame, and all of that stopped.
- As their pen pal, my postcards and letters helped them with reading, writing, geography, and math.
- She was also my pen pal when I was in fifth and sixth grade and had an assignment to write to someone famous.
- Every inmate wanted a female pen pal, so they provided vital stats.
- Without the pen pal project, the elementary school students might not have become acquainted with college students and a college campus, even though it was only a short distance from their homes.
- These groups can perhaps locate a school where a pen pal system may be possible, creating ties to a distant school and showing the real faces of real children helped by their efforts.
- I started writing a pen pal from Canada three years ago, and she's one of my great friends.
- I went to my computer and noticed I had an email from my pen pal, Emma in England.
- For example try starting a new club or finding a secret pen pal.
- I also began corresponding at that time with an Israeli pen pal.
- She was waiting for a letter from her pen pal in Australia and it was supposed to come any day now.
- He found lots of junk mail, and one letter from his pen pal (email pal) George.
- She then uses this and the knowledge that she gained from the biology module about nutrition to gauge the nutrition of the school lunch that her pen pal receives.
- I can't tell you how long I was looking for one like it before a pen pal introduced me to it!
- From an early age my pen pal lived in New Zealand.
- I came away with a pierced ear and a tattoo artist as a pen pal.
- And what I treasure out of all this is that I've got a pen pal.
- I guess my parents thought I was writing to a pen pal.
- It is also a good time to send a note and other items of need with the book, you could come away with a pen pal.
- I could use a pen pal, and, you're right, it would break up the monotony of forwards and other useless emails.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.