1(awaiting action)to be pending — estar pendiente
- patent pending — patente en trámite
- matters pending will be considered at the next meeting — los asuntos que hayan quedado pendientes serán tratados en la próxima reunión
- The only way to question pending decisions is by debate before the decision has been made.
- The motions seek the court's approval to dismiss all the cases as a result of a pending settlement.
- With the party leadership preoccupied with the elections the decision on his successor is pending.
- A post-mortem examination was due to be held on Tuesday and an inquest will be opened and adjourned pending inquiries.
- A decision is pending at the present time and further review is also available by the Supreme Court.
- By now the number of drink driving cases pending locally runs decisively into three figures.
- As long as this litigation was pending, uncertainty hovered over innovation like a dark cloud.
- A decision from that court is pending as to how much of a role a court could claim, if any.
- My decision with respect to costs shall be reserved pending receipt of written submissions from the parties.
- Wait until after the opposition has passed later on Wednesday before making a final decision on a pending matter.
- Three staff members tested negative for influenza A, while the results for the remaining two were pending.
- A court is to decide Tuesday whether he should remain in jail pending trial.
- However, they've just been hastily reinstalled pending further legal decisions.
- The rise is also due to the settlement of several pending claims, said a senior official.
- He claimed few people had realised the significance of the inspector's pending decision.
- The convention and the agreement containing the amendments remain pending in this committee.
- He concluded that pending settlement, or trial, the proposed move was not in the children's best interests.
- The Archbishop did not reveal if further settlements were pending.
- That path would not be open to him under pending legislation to deny benefits to illegal aliens who lied to get work.
- The team has also applied for a U.S. patent on the technology; that decision is pending.
2(imminent)(elections/retirement) próximoour move has been pending for six months now — hace seis meses que nos estamos por mudar
- Now let's hope that that pending date falls on the near side of soon.
- The offer is technically still pending but expected to go through.
- And he says there is a pending ecological disaster as the weed smothers river life.
- The upside is that having a plan actually makes my life less stressful even when there are no pending disasters.
- Some members of Congress are bracing for what they say is a pending man-made financial disaster.
- Without a precautionary approach, regulatory action might have been delayed pending more compelling evidence of a risk of harm.
1en espera de