1a pennyworth of pins — un penique de alfileres
- But then I never have found a conspiracy theory worth wrapping six penn'orth of chips in.
- Quickly I gave my order, ‘a loaf, a pot of jam and a pennyworth of sweets.’
- In any mind which has a pennyworth of imagination it produces a good attitude towards foreigners.
- Meter charges for Wood Street and the Square will not make a pennyworth of difference.
- I think it's high time we called a halt to all those penn'orths of tar we've been applying to the ship.
- It seems quite possible that the same readers bought both pennyworths.
- All of them, appropriately for a bank, contributed their pennyworth.
- He smiled at Chrissy through the car window as he squirted the last pennyworth in and twisted the petrol cap back on.
- The prosecutor told the court that the defendant had purchased two pennyworth of sweets and then went round the side of the stall and ‘gave it a push’ sending the stall crashing to the ground.
- If we went round the moon it would not make a pennyworth of difference to me or to my work.