In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(payment)pensión femininewidow's / widower's pension — viudedad feminine
- personal/state/company pension — pensión personal/del estado/de la empresa
- to be on / draw a pension — cobrar una pensión/una jubilación
- pension contributions — aportaciones
- pension rights — derechos de pensión
- pension scheme
- A higher state pension and an end to means-testing isn't too much to ask for after a lifetime's work, is it?
- The report highlights the fact that many people are relying on the state pension for their retirement income.
- Linking the state pension to earnings would not be sustainable in the long-term.
- One of their big concerns is what this movement means for their state pension.
- The state pension is just not going to be enough to support most people's retirement spending needs and wants.
- This promises all pensioners a basic weekly income above the state pension.
- This is far more than pensioners would have received if the earnings link to the state pension had been restored, it says.
- You can get the money with your state pension, at a post office or into your personal bank account.
- Hoping the government will provide a decent state pension is a mistake.
- Firstly, all those approaching pension age should be aware that payment of the state pension is not automatic.
- The state pension is the bedrock of most people's retirement provision.
- In addition, the rules which bar people collecting a state pension while being at work are to be relaxed.
- These deal with enquiries and claims for pension credit, the state pension and winter fuel allowance.
- You've got to have a safety net as the state pension is not enough to live on.
- I have not received an invitation to claim a state pension from the Pensions Service.
- Some countries will not be able to provide a state pension at all in the future and those that do will be providing less in real terms.
- The replacement rate is the ratio between the state pension and average earnings.
- Many get a huge shock when they discover on the eve of their retirement that they are only entitled to a derisory state pension.
- Essentially it makes sure that every working person has some form of pension, on top of the basic state pension.
- Where people choose to take their state pension later, they deserve a better deal.
- In one end of the hall, volunteers entered name after name into computers - people who had been located in nearby hotels or pensions.
- Of course, it's a typical beautiful Austrian small town with lots of pensions, hotels and restaurants for the traveler.
2(room and board)pensión femininefull pension — pensión completa feminine
- half pension — media pensión
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.