In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cartilla de pensionista femininecartilla de pensionado feminine
- The thieves, both white, then left with £75 cash and a pension book.
- Then, after asking to see his pension book, they told him as he was a pensioner he was entitled to £5 compensation.
- Two men ran off with £25 cash, a pension book and a number of cashcards after duping an 86-year-old woman into allowing them into her home in Princess Road.
- I already have my new pension book with a 2.5 per cent increase in April.
- The 66-year-old even admitted he would have been tempted to have taken advantage of the idea, had it been available when he turned 65 and got his pension book last year.
- Pensioners are informed of this by the State when they reach State pension age and it is usually shown in the pension book.
- Two years and nine schools later I have not yet clocked up enough teaching days to complete my probation, and now face the prospect of obtaining full registration round about the time I will collect my pension book.
- Over time, all of her possessions disappeared, her pension book could never be found and there was never any money or food in the flat.
- Anything will do - a pension book, driving licence, travel card or something like that.
- Later that afternoon, bogus callers stole a pension book, door keys and a purse containing bank cards and £60 cash from a 79-year-old woman in Dovercourt.
- The robber took her shopping bag containing her pension book and purse, leaving her with a black eye, broken arm and extensive bruising.
- The same 87-year-old victim was forced to hand over her pension book and cash.
- The Government has admitted it will have to retain the pension book or giro system for people who cannot - or simply refuse - to adapt to the changes.
- The free gifts of the bulbs will be made to anyone who turns up with a pension book to prove they are a pensioner.
- Once inside they took her money and her pension book before leaving.
- The bag contained the cash, cards and a pension book.
- She entered, saying she would help her put the flowers in water and then left with the money and a pension book.
- The handbag contained a few pounds in cash, a pension book and a rent book.
- You may get aches and pains along with your pension book and your advancing years but you also gain the benefit of having time to dig out the best from your world.
- Then he said he needed the national insurance number from my pension book so I went upstairs to get it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.