In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And the number is growing, thanks to prophetic Pentecostal movements and the like.
- While much of what they do indicates a shallow, extra-biblical emphasis, genuine conversions are occurring in some Pentecostal churches, and there is some evidence of spiritual growth and zeal for evangelism.
- As an evangelical and Pentecostal Christian, he listens carefully to the critical voices from his own camp, while continually pushing its boundaries toward a more ecumenically open stance.
- In Fort Worth, Texas, for example, a church integrates traditional Gypsy faith with Christian Pentecostal ritual.
- I started going to Sunday school in a Pentecostal church in my hometown.
- She was a young Pentecostal Christian from the Ukraine who had been brought to America as a child in the 1980s to escape Communist oppression.
- The effort is notable in seeking out evangelical and Pentecostal churches that have not traditionally been a part of Faith and Order discussions, along with Roman Catholics, Orthodox and mainline Protestants.
- Because I became a Christian in a Pentecostal church, I still have a lot of affection, respect and genuine sympathy for Pentecostals and Charismatics.
- Among Protestant denominations, Pentecostal and fundamentalist sects - called evangelical churches - have had the largest growth.
- But eight months later, social workers found a foster family for them - Pentecostal Christians who raised them with abundant love and gave them confidence, joie de vivre and the urge to give back.
- No one is suggesting that Catholics stop referring to the Anglican, Lutheran and Pentecostal churches.
- A devout Pentecostal Christian, he was determined to make the beverage in such a way as to contain less than 1% alcohol.
- Global flows of religious belief and practice are filtered and shaped by local conditions: Pentecostal Christianity takes on local color.
- I am a lifelong practicing Roman Catholic who has had the good fortune to spend many Sundays in Baptist and Pentecostal churches.
- Arminian Baptists, Brethren and Pentecostal churches have preached the gospel of Christ within their own limited understanding.
- Its avowed aim was to introduce the Pentecostal experience to other Christian denominations.
- Because hearing the voice of God is considered normative within the Pentecostal tradition, hearing a voice external to one's self is not necessarily a manifestation of mental illness with Pentecostal Christians.
- My mother is a very religious Pentecostal Christian.
- As a result, a generation of young people has spent the past ten years looking for alternatives to the Presbyterian church, and many have ended up in Pentecostal churches.
- Those who represent the Pentecostal movement say that missionaries function as apostles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.