1penuria femininemiseria feminineto live in penury — vivir en la penuria / en la miseria
- It was her penury and negligence that let the house deteriorate.
- Women who believe they are in for a reasonable standard of living during widowhood, are to be step-by-step, reduced to penury.
- Bastille Day in France commemorates the French Revolution and reminds us of one of the most unpleasant and blood-soaked regimes ever to have reduced a country to penury.
- Even in the middle of penury, dreams remain colourful.
- Falling in love with a tea vendor could suit the infatuated young mind but when it comes to marriage she is able to visualise the agony of penury and gets out of the affair.
- Perhaps it was unavoidable, yet it was a road that led past ruin, default and penury, through the plunder of Russia and the impoverishment of Russians.
- But despite his outstanding gifts he's soon in penury again because the crocodile he has adopted is scaring off potential clients.
- Now, as then, a government is reducing its citizens to penury as they are deprived of their income and homes.
- Having been reduced to penury, struggling to survive, they no longer serve as an effective political opposition.
- I will reduce myself to penury to save you from the evils of gambling, even if it means winning millions of pounds.
- He was not a poverty-stricken peasant's son looking to escape penury.
- In a globalized economy, it imposes penury on trading partners, especially the poorest countries.
- After slaving to bring up children and nursemaid a man while simultaneously working to boost the family's income, they are the ones left to live out a lonely and unglamorous old age in penury.
- Living a life in penury, they have sold everything.
- He was reduced to living in penury in miserable exile in France; and on his return to York he was imprisoned for three months.
- Price rises due to his stealth taxes have reduced thousands like me to utter penury.
- If we all looked, acted, thought and behaved as badly as spammers do, our world would be reduced to desperate penury.
- It follows that you don't have to reduce yourself to utter penury.
- In overcoming that penury, modern technology as well as economic interrelations have been influential.
- It is a miracle that her flimsy frame has been able to survive the extremes of weather, utter penury and the cruel sneers of her snobbish compatriots during her hellish ordeal.