In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1peonía femininepeonia feminine
- Other favorite flowers are pussy willow, azalea, peony and water lily or narcissus.
- As with herbaceous peonies, tree peonies are long-lived and resent being transplanted, so you should choose their locations with care.
- Common bulbs planted in the fall for the spring are tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, muscari, crocuses and perennials such as peonies, daylilies, hostas, and coral-bells.
- These are excellent to recycle as stakes for peas or for plants with heavy blooms such as double peonies.
- Lift and divide overcrowded clumps of perennials, including campanulas, daylilies, hostas, peonies, sedums, and Shasta daisies.
- Other gardeners prefer to interplant them with spring flowers such as columbines, daisies, dianthus, Iceland poppies, lupines, and peonies.
- It is dominated by hostas, peonies, campanula, and daylilies but holds a wealth of perennials and self-sowing annuals.
- Anemones, chrysanthemums, marigolds, pansies, peonies, and roses are best suited to microwave drying, but small, finely textured or delicate flowers are not.
- In the perennial border, a shrublet is the plant that's always in bloom, providing a wonderful contrast with peonies in the spring, delphinium in midsummer, and phlox in late summer.
- Bamboo is considered to enjoy a high status among all plants, although the peony is the national flower.
- And although feeding calves is now a thing of the past, she has made sure to keep her hand in in the garden with its deep beds of rhododendrons, camellias, peonies and other flowering shrubs.
- Planted along with traditional peonies, irises and chrysanthemums, are lupines, veronicas and Canterbury bells, a contemporary feature rarely seen in Japanese gardens.
- In summer, traditional perennials take over, and peonies, irises and hemerocallis fill the flowery brook.
- Put stakes and supports in place for tall, herbaceous plants, like peonies and delphiniums.
- Their favourite was the rose, followed by hellebores, peonies, clematis, magnolias, lilies, euphorbias, primulas, snowdrops, geraniums.
- He purchased and planted about 1,000 herbaceous peonies and planted them in Charlottesville, Virginia, where he leased land from his brother-in-law.
- Plants like peonies, poppies, and irises should also be planted in the fall season.
- The herbaceous peonies include five general flower types: single, semi-double, Japanese, anemone and double flowering.
- Tree peonies, magnolias, pagoda dogwood and flowering crab trees accompany roses planted by color in an informal style.
- Begin to stake early-flowering herbaceous plants, such as peonies, that are inclined to flop over following rain and strong winds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.