In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The 18 cars tested in this latest set of results are in several groups - executive cars, family cars, small family cars, super-minis, off-roaders and people carriers.
- Despite all this, I can't see what justifies a price tag double those of many people carriers.
- Now other seven seat people carriers have had such systems in the past, but in most if you want to get rid of the last two seats you have to take them out altogether and leave them at home.
- There are holidaying families loading and unloading more or less disgruntled children from people carriers.
- The project is also looking to expand into providing personal transport for disabled people, using a people carrier or a suitable car.
- The return lift - in private hire cabs or people carriers - would be booked on the train out of London.
- Surprisingly, the bulk of these launches will be for niche models, such as small and compact people carriers, sports utility vehicles, coupes, convertibles and sports roadsters.
- People who might once have bought a hatchback can now be tempted by adaptable miniature people carriers, with countless seats that come out and go back in 8,500 configurations.
- Getting seven seats doesn't necessarily mean moving up to a car in the people carrier class.
- It's the cheapest of the people carriers and we needed the extra space.
- Police are appealing to the driver of a gold-coloured people carrier driving past at the time to come forward.
- With plenty of examples around, good used models can be bought for as little as £2,500, making it one of the cheapest used people carriers you can buy.
- There were two cars in front of him, one was a white people carrier that was showing a disabled sticker and was being driven by a white-haired lady who was trying to park in a disabled bay.
- He also decided last week that circuit judges must forfeit the right to be driven to court in expensive limousines and make do with modest people carriers instead.
- The new vehicle, which is similar to a people carrier, has five seats and is specially adapted for wheelchair access.
- It was one of those people carriers with seven seats.
- But for the growing family it could be money well spent because it provides seven seats, one of the few people carriers to do so in today's demanding market.
- These are the sort of options normally restricted to much bigger cars like people carriers.
- And then there are the people carriers built for a family of eight that are never burdened by anything more than a family of three.
- The only problem was that people carriers were out of the question.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.