In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(plant)menta feminine(oil/tea) de menta(flavor) a menta
- Moroccan mint tea is a brisk blend of gunpowder green tea and peppermint leaves, while Earl Grey, a famous British tea, is made up of black tea leaves flavored with bergamot orange oil.
- The finish is similar to peppermint ice cream, only less sweet.
- Her mom looked concerned as she put away a package of peppermint tea.
- A simpler preparation for chai or peppermint tea also brought family and neighbours together.
- And if your gut does start complaining, placate it with a cup of soothing mint or ginger tea or a capsule of peppermint oil.
- Studies show that inhaling peppermint essential oil throughout the day whenever your energy flags clears thinking and boosts productivity.
- A distinctly different flavouring is provided by crème de menthe or peppermint oil.
- Aroma advocates claim that rosemary, peppermint, basil and jasmine scents, alone or in combination, may improve your mental alertness.
- Suitable repellent oils are lavender, citronella, peppermint, lemongrass, cinnamon, thyme and basil.
- Add several splashes of peppermint extract or essential oil and a few drops of vanilla.
- Investigators have examined the pharmacokinetic parameters of menthol, the main component of peppermint oil.
- For an extra kick, add a few drops of peppermint oil to the mixture.
- For relief in minutes, add 1 to 2 drops of peppermint essential oil to 4 to 6 ounces of water.
- Menthol which possesses local anaesthetic and counterirritant qualities is a compound obtained from peppermint oil or other mint oils or made synthetically.
- The Christmas season features a plethora of dairy foods, from eggnog to peppermint ice cream to featured cheeses for entertaining.
- With ingredients like peppermint and jojoba essential oil, milk protein, and Shea butter, it is also good for your hair.
- Adding just a drop of peppermint essential oil will act as an emotional pick-me-up to dispel winter blues.
- Dull a tension headache by massaging a few drops of peppermint essential oil into your temples.
- Add peppermint extract and two drops of food coloring.
- More seasonal and colourful plants such as cherry, Chinese flowering crabapple and pomegranate as well as some fragrant plants such as peppermint, thyme and rosemary dot the park.
- Menthol is a natural constituent of plants in the mint family, particularly peppermint and spearmint, although the aromatic oils of all the other mints contain it, as well.
- They're rich in natural ingredients like moisturizing shea butter and avocado oil, invigorating peppermint and other essential oils.
- Plant tea-making herbs, such as chamomile, peppermint, spearmint, and lemongrass.
- Stir in a few drops of peppermint essence, and all of the candy.
2masculine caramelo de mentafeminine pastilla de menta
- The sky was icy blue and the chill wind made it feel like everyone in the whole world was sucking on a moon-sized peppermint every time we breathed in.
- A trail of joined bud vases snakes through a pile of peppermint candies for this centerpiece idea.
- Or how he tastes like peppermints and sweet vodka at six-thirty on a Saturday morning.
- I smoothed my dress and placed the peppermint stick back on the tree.
- Crush the peppermint candy in a heavy plastic bag with a hammer or rolling pin.
- I was on my best behavior the whole time, licking my delicious peppermint stick.
- The truck driver tells her the peppermints are nickel candy.
- So I graduated to chocolate-dipped peppermint creams - so elegant that Mum would serve them with pride (mine and hers) with the coffee at the end of her dinner parties.
- Hot chocolate with dissolved peppermints in it tastes great.
- It feels cool, like how a peppermint does when you suck on it.
- In our house, a pound of icing sugar made about seven peppermint creams.
- That includes peppermint (keep the candy canes on the trees and out of your mouth), caffeine, garlic, onions, and such acidic foods as orange juice and tomatoes.
- Suck on a piece of hard candy such as a peppermint stick.
- As you can see, these are all real glass ornaments, but they are cupcakes and peppermints and candy canes.
- She is also the dispenser of sweets to the three accused with a packet of peppermints close to hand at all times.
- I would not take exception to a member discreetly sucking a peppermint or a throat lozenge, but it should go no further than that.
- These are hard peppermint candies with a chocolate filling.
- "See ya, " said Ian and wheeled the bike home, sucking peppermints.
- I made peppermint creams so often that in the end I couldn't help but get good at it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.