In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There's pork mince, peppers, pepperoni, ham, pineapple, tomato purée and herbs in it.
- Anyway, I got a large pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and peppers.
- There were four slices with everything on it, two slices of cheese and one pepperoni and sausage.
- Then you just layer on the chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and pepperoni or salami and put it back into the oven.
- And it's not just how much pepperoni goes on the pizza or how much mayo goes in the tuna.
- Since my beer was free, I had a little extra money to order a pizza with pepperoni and onions.
- It was morning and we were all sitting on the floor in my bedroom eating leftover pepperoni and hamburger pizza for breakfast.
- They'd forgotten not to put pepperoni on the pizza we ordered last night,
- Skip the pepperoni, sausage, bacon or extra cheese since these add fat, saturated fat and cholesterol to the pizza.
- Why stop with just one meat when you can drown a pizza in pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon, beef, and pork toppings?
- He called the number and ordered the two pepperoni and sausage pizzas aright after Aaron left to pick up Fanny.
- The only drawback is the lack of sausage and pepperoni, but pork isn't very healthy anyway.
- Yes, fatty hamburgers, pepperoni, bacon, and ribs are unhealthy and should be eaten only occasionally, if at all.
- I'm also going to look for the best pepperoni pizza in Seattle.
- Nearly two-thirds of all restaurant visits include French fries, pepperoni, potato salad or jelly filling.
- Add soy pepperoni to veggie pizza, or combine sliced soy sausage with peppers, onions and potatoes for a hearty stir-fry.
- Choose a salad instead of French fries, or cheese pizza instead of pepperoni, she advised.
- Add tomatoes, stock, beans, pepperoni or ham, chilli powder and basil.
- She's complaining because I ordered pepperoni on one and sausage on the other.
- Everyone decided on three different kinds of pizza: cheese, pepperoni, and everything.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.