In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1úlcera péptica feminineúlcera estomacal feminine
- A peptic ulcer is an area of damage to the lining of either the stomach or the duodenum (the part of the digestive tract that immediately follows the stomach).
- Some evidence suggests an association between depression and hypertension, peptic ulcers, and diabetes.
- This anomaly, known as an anulur pancreas, may cause duodenal obstruction at birth or later in life and also may be associated with pancreatitis, peptic ulcers, or malignant disease in adults.
- Although we did detect more peptic ulcers, it is symptom resolution that matters.
- You might have different tests to try to rule out other conditions such as heart problems, peptic ulcers or hiatus hernias.
- The most significant side effect is the possibility of developing a peptic ulcer and kidney disease.
- Raw cabbage coats the digestive tract lining and helps relieve peptic ulcers and heartburn.
- Smoking and drinking can contribute to the development of peptic ulcers because they irritate the stomach lining and reduce mucus production.
- Women, especially those aged over 70 years with coexisting cardiac disease and previous peptic ulcers, are at greatest risk.
- The most commonly missed upper gastrointestinal lesions are erosions in large hiatal hernias, arteriovenous malformations, and peptic ulcers.
- Histamine-induced hypersecretion may cause gastritis, peptic ulcers, and diarrhea, and ultimately, malabsorption may occur.
- Some doctors believe that more children get drug-related gastric ulcers than other types of peptic ulcers.
- Gastric and duodenal peptic ulcers are significant health care problems that cause pain and suffering for millions of people.
- A giant duodenal ulcer is a full-thickness peptic ulcer that is 2 cm or larger in diameter.
- These tumors, called gastrinomas, secrete large amounts of the hormone gastrin, which causes excessive production of acid by your stomach, leading to peptic ulcers.
- Ischaemic heart disease, diabetes, peptic ulcers, diverticulitis, appendicitis, varicose veins and tooth caries are also ‘diseases of civilisation’.
- This can irritate and inflame the lining of the stomach (a condition known as gastritis) or cause peptic ulcers, which are sores or holes that form in the lining of the stomach or the duodenum and cause pain or bleeding.
- It produces excessive gastrin, resulting in disproportionate amounts of hydrochloric acid and pepsin leading to severe peptic ulcer disease.
- In all patients who had endoscopy, 26 percent had esophagitis, 8.7 percent had a peptic ulcer and 2.4 percent had malignant disease.
- The bacteria that can cause peptic ulcers are contagious.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.