In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for each)porthe meal cost £10 per head — la comida costó 10 libras por cabeza
- at $25 per kilo — a 25 dólares el kilo
- £20 per person per night — 20 libras por persona y noche
- Results presented are the mean of measurements from a minimum of five plants per line from two harvests.
- Are we limited to a total of three bags for the whole house or three bags per unit?
- It lists some of the channels available in the UK and how much they cost us, per person, per week.
- The means of 10 replications per line were used in the data analysis for each trait.
- All measurements were determined on a per plant basis by dividing each variable by the plant number per plot.
- Benefits were being paid to her daughter of £330 per week direct by credit transfer.
- The only evidence of the cost of repainting was expressed in terms of a rate per square metre.
- By the winter artillery ammunition had been rationed to one or two shells per gun per day.
- For the cued recall test, the 28 adjectives were typed one per line on a sheet of paper.
- Her respiratory rate was 36 breaths per minute with rapid and shallow breathing.
- Only two swimmers per country, per individual event, are allowed to compete.
- It is calculated by dividing the share price by the company's earnings per share.
- What these cowboys do is produce a measuring stick and quote what seems a cheap price per line on the stick.
- In the last week of March, houses in the city were being sold at the rate of 400 per day.
- The fact that the cost per unit of his pesticides has risen, makes the effect more dramatic.
- The price per slave, then, is this total cost divided by the number of slaves in the lot.
- The average cost per household is obtained by dividing the precept by the number of households in the town.
- The charge of this card per minute is a little bit higher than the monthly subscription model.
- The service will operate four days per week, in each direction between the two cities.
- Set a time limit for the number of hours per day or per week you will devote to television.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.