In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We performed 10000 iterations and calculated the probability of obtaining the observed or a more extreme degree of homogeneity in the sign of effect size from the percentiles of the distribution of the results of the 10000 iterations.
- An alternate method is presented, whereby data are mined from the laboratory information system for each analyte/analyzer combination and data are analyzed through comparison of population percentiles.
- The terms tercile, quartile, quintile and decile should refer to the percentiles which divide the distribution into 3, 4, 5, or 10 equal parts, respectively.
- Comparison of population percentiles requires an adequate amount of data for statistical significance.
- Table 1, which contains the simulation results, therefore displays percentiles of this distribution.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.