In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1derecho a pedir el cambio de algún miembro del jurado sin dar razones para ello
- Other than the preliminary vetting by the trial judge, there is a challenge for cause, peremptory challenges and the oath of the juror.
- When an attorney exercises peremptory challenges, she uses her discretion to reject potential jurors who are not, objectively speaking, objectionable.
- The few retirees from upper income brackets could be bounced from the panel with peremptory challenges by the plaintiff's attorney.
- There is no limit as to how many jurors can be removed under this cause, but peremptory challenges has a definite number that a lawyer may use.
- As everyone knows, peremptory challenges are frequently used to eliminate people of a particular gender or a particular age group or a particular apparent professional status.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.