In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Self-acceptance, an acceptance of one's imperfections and weaknesses, is very difficult for perfectionists.
- With the help of his friends, he turns to a corporate workaholic perfectionist lawyer.
- In contrast, adaptive perfectionists strive only to reach their own goals, not the goals set for them by other people.
- It took me all of two minutes to get working, plus an hour of perfectionist fiddling to get this pretty map.
- Professionally, she is a perfectionist who demands high standards from her work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.