In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1perfidia feminine literary
- His book is a tale of cowardice, perfidy, hubris, idiocy and occasional heroism - told with considerable panache.
- Think of the valiant whistleblower inside a corporation or an agency who puts himself at risk to uncover criminal perfidy.
- With possible political perfidy such a hot topic at Westminster, it is with perfect timing that the Lyceum and Citizens' theatres bring two of England's great plays of history and politics to the stage.
- They brook no compromise and instead repay those who would reach out to them with furious perfidy unless they show absolute fealty to every facet of the program.
- I have been accused of perfidy, malingering, duplicity, charlatanism and forty other words that I don't know the meaning of.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.