In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The pericardial stage was used to suspend the pericardium and the phrenic nerve was preserved throughout its course.
- Typically metastatic melanoma involves the pericardium and myocardium; only rarely does it involve the endocardium or cardiac valves.
- With this patient, the images of the communication between the pericardium and the thoracic duct could be more clearly identified, due to improvements in computerizing techniques.
- Reference to the pericardium, epicardium, myocardium, endocardium and valves, chordae, ventricular thicknesses, and aorta and major vessels may be included.
- One patient demonstrated multiple recurrences on the chest wall, with eventual direct extension to the pericardium, pleura, and lung.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.