In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Studies have shown that perinatal and paediatric autopsies are performed best by perinatal and paediatric pathologists.
- Obtain a thorough medical and dental history, covering the prenatal, perinatal and postnatal periods.
- These results demonstrate that perinatal inflammation can influence lung development.
- They were transferred to our neonatal intensive care unit with a presumptive diagnosis of perinatal asphyxia.
- Preterm birth is a major challenge in perinatal health care.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.