In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some economists argue that periodic credit crunches are the price emerging markets must pay for faster growth.
- Each recommended practice is reviewed and revised as appropriate at regular periodic intervals.
- By contrast, the letting of the basement on a weekly tenancy is an example of a periodic tenancy.
- The continued need for 6-yearly periodic reviews has also been questioned.
- Emotion is kept in check - rage and pain appear suddenly, like periodic explosions.
- Leases for a fixed term and periodic tenancies are the types of lease most frequently encountered.
- We further enhance the safety by periodic rebalancing of the weaker and stronger fund.
- Although it can be frightening, periodic breathing typically causes no other problems in newborns.
- At this stage, the client needs periodic support as well as training in relapse prevention.
- So every one of our portfolios has always been planned and recommended for periodic rebalancing.
- Having experienced spells of acute water scarcity at periodic intervals, people do lament over the waste of the precious resource in such times.
- The training should be provided to all ranks from the highest to the lowest and should be given at periodic intervals, not just at the start of the job.
- They crop up in one form or the other at periodic intervals.
- Roofs are like heating and cooling systems: The equipment needs periodic cleaning and tuning for peak efficiency.
- Therefore, we recommend that periodic surveys for flying squirrels continue at approximately 10 year intervals.
- A baby who has periodic breathing resumes regular breathing on his or her own.
- Maintaining the transformation merits and requires a periodic update on where social history stands.
- At periodic intervals, the iron bars at the mouth of narrow roads, put up to prevent the entry of heavy vehicles, are knocked down by lorries, due to reckless driving.
- New Zealand is to present its next periodic report on compliance with the UN convention in September this year.
- Despite this, he has continued to appear regularly at our periodic family gatherings, and is considered a family member in good standing.
- The steadily increasing weights gave Mendeleyev, Meyer, and others a kind of index by which to order the elements and reveal their periodic behaviour.
- The periodic table has since been expanded to 81 stable and 31 radioactive elements.
- The study of oscillating reactions is the study of periodic changes in chemical reactions.
- The first rough draft of the periodic elements signaled not the end but the beginning of chemistry.
- Bismuth is the fifth and last element in Group 15 of the periodic table.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.