In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1peristaltismo masculineperístole feminine
- The pumps operate on the theory of peristalsis as is commonly seen in the human digestive system.
- Yoga helps your body reabsorb and expel gas by stimulating peristalsis, the muscle contractions that eliminate waste.
- Capsule endoscopy uses a wireless video capsule that is swallowed by the patient and propelled by peristalsis.
- Waves of muscle contractions called peristalsis force food down through the esophagus to the stomach.
- The initial colonization of the walls of the ureter is in areas of turbulent flow which leads to paralysis of peristalsis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.