In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(hairdressing)permanente femininepermanente masculine Mexicoto have a perm — hacerse la permanente
- She said this type - a rinse - leaves hair shiny while a permanent color will dull my hair because of the perm.
- I got a hair cut, and a perm so I looked very cute I must admit!
- What are some good styling options for short relaxed hair as a perm grows out?
- If you do your own hair and want to try a new style or temporary perm be sure to experiment before prom.
- Also popular were spiral perms and body waves.
- And, what about hair coloring and perm solutions?
- Whoever told me I ought to get a perm was really very wrong indeed.
- Her golden-brown hair had a new perm that framed her pretty face perfectly.
- The hair was wound on wooden rods with the perm solution and rinsed with rods still in place.
- An intense woman with a tight perm rises to pay her bill and notices an acquaintance sitting alone.
- It's fine to use hair colourants and perm lotions on your hair, although you may find the results are unpredictable.
- My mother had also given me a perm, so my hair would be easier to work with.
- I got shouted at for chewing gum while handling the perm rods and I never worked there again.
- Hair perm products use thioglycolic acid - a chemical that reacts with protein bonds in the hair.
- Sporting a bright blond perm and a rather constricted face, she's rather grating and uncomfortable to watch.
- If you frequent pools and are already exposing your hair to chlorine, it would be a good idea to wait until autumn before getting a chemical colour or perm.
- Sure, people still perm their hair, it's just that the style of perm has changed.
- Some girls' mothers took them to their salon, others were subjected to the dreaded home perm.
- Next, a neutralizing agent is applied and you have a final rinse, then a shampoo, condition and style; it's a bit like a reverse perm.
- Keep in mind that no amount of moisturizing will completely restore perm-damaged hair because your hair's physical structure has been rearranged by the perm solution.
1to have one's hair permed — hacerse un permanente Mexico
- I could perm your hair — podría hacerle la permanente
- Her hair was permed and styled, tumbling down to her shoulders in perfect ringlets.
- The hairdressing departments had cubicles so that women were not seen by other customers having their hair set or permed.
- Katy had permed dark hair that hung almost to her waist.
- Does perming, streaking, highlighting and colouring harm the hair?
- The setting and tinting, and sometimes perming, make the hair more manageable.
- Recently her hair had been dyed crimson, permed and braided, and lay in neat disarray about her narrow shoulders.
- This hair is considered the best as it is most open to coloring, perming, and styling.
- Sitting alongside the soldier was a girl whose hair had recently been permed by the local hairdresser.
- I told my hairdresser about it and she told me she'll try perming my hair next so that it'll curl like yours!
- My hair salon offers eyelash tinting and perming.
- It also became an offence for women to perm their hair or stretch it.
- I have never coloured my hair, I have permed it once
- Chelsea had her permed brown hair pulled back into a low chignon.
- A generation of survivors, these women had an inner strength often belied by their floral dresses, permed hair, and fresh apple pies.
- Quickly she put her dark permed hair in a ponytail.
- Look at all the activities we do to our hair, we cut, shape, curl, perm, color, mousse, and spray it.
- If your hair has been permed or relaxed, color has to be applied carefully or it can weaken the structure of your hair.
- Don't bleach, color or perm your hair - this can weaken it.
- A woman recently won compensation of 15,000 yuan after losing more than half her hair after it was permed at a local beauty salon.
- They all have their hair nice and permed or coloured.
1(in football pools)combinación feminine
- Even the worst footballers' perms of the 1970s could hardly compete.
- The man with the most infamous perm in Scottish football history proved that a goalkeeper from an unfashionable club can step up and do a job for Scotland.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.