In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(hairdressing)permanente femininepermanente feminine Mexicoto have a perm — hacerse un permanente Mexico
1to have one's hair permed — hacerse un permanente Mexico
- I could perm your hair — podría hacerle la permanente
- If you frequent pools and are already exposing your hair to chlorine, it would be a good idea to wait until autumn before getting a chemical colour or perm.
- Some girls' mothers took them to their salon, others were subjected to the dreaded home perm.
- And, what about hair coloring and perm solutions?
- It's fine to use hair colourants and perm lotions on your hair, although you may find the results are unpredictable.
- The hair was wound on wooden rods with the perm solution and rinsed with rods still in place.
- Keep in mind that no amount of moisturizing will completely restore perm-damaged hair because your hair's physical structure has been rearranged by the perm solution.
- Also popular were spiral perms and body waves.
- Next, a neutralizing agent is applied and you have a final rinse, then a shampoo, condition and style; it's a bit like a reverse perm.
- An intense woman with a tight perm rises to pay her bill and notices an acquaintance sitting alone.
- Sure, people still perm their hair, it's just that the style of perm has changed.
- She said this type - a rinse - leaves hair shiny while a permanent color will dull my hair because of the perm.
- Whoever told me I ought to get a perm was really very wrong indeed.
- What are some good styling options for short relaxed hair as a perm grows out?
- I got shouted at for chewing gum while handling the perm rods and I never worked there again.
- My mother had also given me a perm, so my hair would be easier to work with.
- Hair perm products use thioglycolic acid - a chemical that reacts with protein bonds in the hair.
- If you do your own hair and want to try a new style or temporary perm be sure to experiment before prom.
- Her golden-brown hair had a new perm that framed her pretty face perfectly.
- Sporting a bright blond perm and a rather constricted face, she's rather grating and uncomfortable to watch.
- I got a hair cut, and a perm so I looked very cute I must admit!
- The man with the most infamous perm in Scottish football history proved that a goalkeeper from an unfashionable club can step up and do a job for Scotland.
- Even the worst footballers' perms of the 1970s could hardly compete.
1British(in football pools)combinación feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.