In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In general, all the evaluated parameters are below the permissible limits established by the norm.
- It is, however, permissible for a parent to transfer legal ownership of funds to a child by way of a gift.
- Judges become the arbiters of what speech is permissible, and what is not.
- It is therefore perfectly permissible for the owner of a copyright to do nothing with it.
- Which institutional and personal differentiations would properly be permissible and which would not be?
- It sets up a system of permissible interceptions with warrants or authorisations.
- Their opinions over what was permissible were often highly subjective.
- No unfair advantages in a duel were permissible if a knight was to retain his honor.
- Thus the maximum permissible period of stay on entry was increased from three to six months.
- This defines permissible speech according to what somebody thinks the public should know about.
- But it's no longer permissible to sit on the sidelines making snide comments.
- It will just be a matter of the device beeping when the degree of flexion exceeds permissible limits.
- When we say that such operations are permissible, it is because they are the only means.
- They do not use electricity, but power from gas or hydraulic generators is permissible.
- I find it outrageous that they think it is permissible to canvass for votes in such a way.
- He referred to a number of scenarios which would not be permissible under Irish law at present.
- This ensures that the bacterial content of food remains within permissible limits.
- Detention without charge beyond the normal 24 hours is permissible in certain situations.
- He said this is not permissible under the law and the rules could not have overriding effect.
- They see themselves as emissaries of a national movement for whom everything is permissible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.