In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Instrumental rationality has had a particularly pernicious effect on the environment.
- The register will make an important contribution to tackling this pernicious evil.
- The trouble is that fear is almost as pernicious as perceived danger.
- What worries me are the pernicious influences on athletes like him.
- Outside of the identity principle, however, the correlation is both pernicious and ethically dubious.
- At the same time, the pernicious influence of new urban cultural patterns could share some of the blame for rural degeneration.
- He's correct that the right of jury nullification trumps any worries about the possible pernicious effects of the drug.
- This new form of protectionism has an added pernicious quality.
- Yet this fear of the pernicious effects of property rights did not last for long.
- Physiological laws can explain the harmful and pernicious effects of deep breathing.
- Yet some faculty perceive the pernicious effects of these forms and want to end them.
- Just putting some healthier options on the menu doesn't counteract the more pernicious effect a large global corporation has.
- I pretend to teach young people about the pernicious effects of a total surveillance state.
- Over the past few months and years, some pernicious myths have started to become a little too popular.
- In fact, it can actually be pernicious because it covers up a reality.
- Instead, they say, it is a pernicious and widespread cancer infecting the media and political classes across Europe.
- Trying to keep out the pernicious effects of popular culture is a losing battle.
- Equally problematic is the pernicious effect of bad design on the environment.
- It also stands for the complete victory of the Buddhist Doctrine over all harmful and pernicious forces.
- At its most extreme whole economies are destroyed by its pernicious influence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.