In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Her incredible tenacity, perseverance and determination to succeed is a commendable example to everyone.
- It's a disheartening process, but Mike is keen to acknowledge that the key to success is perseverance and determination.
- It is going to be a very long process requiring patience and perseverance.
- Although his craft requires some basic colours and blocks, the work requires enormous patience and perseverance.
- This will enable you to face life's difficulties with patience, perseverance, and flexibility.
- Just remember the three Ps of successful bodybuilding: patience, perseverance and persistence.
- We need a lot of perseverance, persistence, patience.
- Tireless efforts, hard work, confidence, perseverance and patience helped him to attain success.
- If nothing else, Anne's success proves that perseverance does pay off.
- However, it will be the determination, commitment and perseverance of the people that will make change happen.
- As a result, patience, perseverance and interest are required.
- Remember, persistence, performance, and perseverance will bring success.
- However, those who plan properly, set realistic goals, and exercise patience and perseverance can find success.
- It took a lot of persistence and perseverance and a lot of great people around me telling me that I could do it and I could get there.
- What he does is simply a job requiring diligence, perseverance and a dash of good fortune.
- I would like to thank the police for their support and perseverance with the investigation.
- Persistence and perseverance are qualities important for career success.
- For those endowed with qualities such as sincerity, perseverance and competence, success is never a mirage.
- People have nothing but praise for her commitment, dedication and perseverance.
- Admittedly this will be a long and painful process, requiring patience, perseverance and a willingness to sacrifice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.