In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1person-to-person call — llamada de persona a persona feminine
- Crisis managers who need immediate, person-to-person communications are likely to reach for a telephone or a short-wave radio.
- Combining voice services with broadband gives operators the opportunity to expand their offerings of person-to-person communications.
- A UCS offers the typical services of a UMS, while adding the capability of person-to-person communication through dynamic call redirection and forwarding.
- Do they really want data transmission or is it really just they want person-to-person communication at all times?
- And all of a sudden it's person-to-person contact.
- In person-to-person auctions, individual sellers or small businesses offer their items for auction directly to consumers.
- Transmission is through person-to-person contact by direct, even brief, head-to-head contact.
- In most cases infection occurs by close person-to-person contact, but there are several cases now that we cannot explain by this model of transmission.
- And when talking person-to-person, making eye contact and nodding at the right times show that you are paying attention.
- Several doctors assured me that, following the initial contact, person-to-person transmission of poison ivy is rare.
- ‘Ninety-nine percent of that has gone toward person-to-person canvassing,’ said Joy, who showed me around.
- Once the epidemic has begun, the main mode of transmission is probably person-to-person.
- The risk of person-to-person transmission of pulmonary anthrax is minimal.
- The fact is this is a poorly infectious disease and in our experience in Western Europe, we have not seen any incidents of person-to-person spread.
- There is no person-to-person transmission, so the skin acts as natural barrier.
- I just think you need some person-to-person contact in your education.
- What is it they say, something like only 5% of our person-to-person communication is in the actual words we use?
- Because person-to-person transmission does not occur, humans are therefore considered dead-end hosts.
- If you want to build a movement, you do it person-to-person.
- So, in other words, it's probably not a person-to-person transmission.
- The goal should be to establish a person-to-person relationship based on the wants and needs of individuals.
- According to medical specialists, direct person-to-person spread of anthrax is extremely unlikely to occur.
- So far, there has been no evidence of person-to-person transmission.
2Telecommunicationsto call sb person-to-person — llamar a algn de persona a persona
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.